Terminology management: corporate language at your fingertips.
As part of a large network of industry experts, we offer a wide range of personalised, independent and integrated multilingual terminology management and language management consultancy services.
Terminology management services and training
Benefit from our expertise in terminology management services in Switzerland, which has been built up over many years to create and maintain your own specific corporate language.
What is terminology management?
Terminology management comprises the central and systematic collection and management of corporate and institutional vocabulary, to be used in your publications and written communications. This optimises process efficiency and ensures greater customer satisfaction levels. It also reduces translation costs and reduces or even eliminates time-consuming text revision and the need to clarify certain terms. Your employees can quickly locate the “correct” wording and focus on their core activities. Time is money, after all!
Value-added terminology management services
As an experienced terminology services provider we can add value to your organisation by:
- Researching and collating specific vocabulary that resonates consistently across multiple languages, cultures and markets
- Developing enterprise-wide databases, glossaries and terminology guidelines, including extracting technical terminology from existing documents, using state-of-the-art terminology and translation tools
- Maintaining and updating monolingual and multilingual terminology resources (in your source and target languages)
Terminology management consulting and training
We also offer consulting and training on how to implement customised terminology processes within your organisation. Our terminology management courses and presentations can be held on site at your premises, or in our own offices. Participants acquire the skills to build up, maintain and update their specific vocabulary, and make it available to different target groups within or outside the organisation by covering the following aspects:
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of terminology work
- Processes and methods for terminology management and quality assurance for corporate language data
- Management of terminology projects
Consultancy services for corporate language management
We offer extensive, value-enhancing consultancy capabilities for corporate language management:
- Assessing the impact and overall quality of your texts
- Planning and executing terminology projects
- Producing visual aids for business presentations in foreign languages
- Compiling style guides for consistent and distinctive brand positioning
- Establishing the linguistic suitability of your promotional material (product names, slogans) for consumers and clients in your target markets
- Implementing and optimising translation and terminology workflows to meet your multilingual communications requirements
- Procuring and evaluating language service providers for specific projects/language pairs
- Performing language and terminology-related tasks on an ad-hoc basis to overcome temporary personnel shortages in your company
- Foreign language coaching for managers and executives
"In CB Multilingual we found a trusted partner who quickly understood our needs and expectations. Thanks to the professionalism and skills of Silvia Cerrella Bauer, we have had an excellent relationship. By setting up a glossary from scratch, together we have created the perfect tool that is essential to our activity. The support and advice we received during the development of the process were greatly appreciated."
"Silvia Cerrella Bauer is a renowned terminology expert whom we have been working with for many years. She has presented at several SDL Trados webinars in English and German covering a variety of terminology topics – from ROI to managing terminology within organizations. Her delivery and her knowledge ensured the success of these events, resulting in excellent feedback from the participants. These events continue to be part of our educational offering."
"Silvia Cerrella Bauer has been supporting us in the management of our terminology database for a number of years. Her partnership-oriented approach and reliability have been invaluable."