English-French translator; French-English translator
As a renowned translation agency in the Zurich area, our service portfolio includes professional French-English translations and English-French translations according to Swiss quality standards.
French and English - target languages with high demand on the Swiss market
Target language French – language variants
French is spoken by 22.8% of the Swiss population (the “Suisse romande” or “Romandie”). According to the French Embassy in France and Liechtenstein, Switzerland is the second largest investor in France and bilateral trade in goods and services between the two countries amounts to several billion francs. Switzerland is also France’s fourth largest customer worldwide. The largest French expatriate community lives in Switzerland.
French is therefore an important official and written language, and the demand for French translations in multilingual Switzerland is correspondingly high.
In addition to Standard French, which is based on the Parisian dialect and is the official language of France, and Swiss French, which is spoken in Switzerland and has some differences from Standard French, other varieties of French are spoken around the world. Some of the main varieties are:
- Canadian French: Spoken in Canada, especially in the province of Quebec, but also in other parts of the country.
- Belgian French: Spoken in Belgium, with some differences from standard French.
- African French: Spoken in many African countries as a result of colonisation, with differences depending on the region. For example, there is West African French, Central African French and Maghrebian French.
- Haitian French: Spoken in Haiti, with some influences from Haitian Creole.
- Louisiana French: Spoken in Louisiana in the United States, with some influences from Cajun French and Creole.
- Acadian French: Spoken in the Canadian Maritimes, especially in New Brunswick, and partly different from Canadian French.
There are also other varieties of French spoken in other regions, such as Vietnamese French, which is spoken by some people in Vietnam who have French ancestors or connections.
Our translation agency will ensure that your translation orders are carried out according to your wishes, taking into account the spelling and specific features of the different varieties of French.
Target language English – language variants
Switzerland is considered one of the world’s top 20 economies and is renowned for its international business orientation. English is the most widely spoken language in commerce and business worldwide. Along with Portuguese, Spanish, Serbian, Croatian and Albanian, English is one of the most widely spoken foreign languages in Switzerland. The English language therefore plays an important role in communication between private and public organisations in our country.
English is spoken by millions of people around the world as a native language and by many others as a second language. There are several main varieties of English, which differ in pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.
Some of the main varieties of English are:
- British English: spoken in the United Kingdom, with several regional variants such as Scottish English, Welsh English and Northern Irish English.
- American English: spoken in the United States, with several regional variants, including South American English, Midwestern American English and California English.
- American English: Spoken in Canada, with some differences from British and American English.
- Australian English: spoken in Australia, with some differences from British English.
- New Zealand English: spoken in New Zealand, with some differences from British and Australian English.
- South African English: spoken in South Africa, with some differences from British English.
- Indian English: spoken in India, with some influences from Indian languages.
- Singaporean English: spoken in Singapore, with influences from both British English and the various languages of the country.
- Nigerian English: spoken in Nigeria, with influences from Nigerian languages and Pidgin English.
There are also varieties of English spoken in other regions, such as Jamaican English, which is spoken in Jamaica and has influences from African languages and Jamaican Creole. Within these main varieties, there are numerous dialects and accents of English, depending on the region and background of the speaker.
We ensure that your translation assignments and projects are carried out in accordance with your requirements, taking into account the spelling and idiosyncrasies of each language variant.
Professional and certified translations English-French and French-English
Since 2012, our Zurich-based translation agency has been working successfully with numerous Swiss and foreign companies and organisations in the field of French-English and English-French translations.
In these language combinations, we handle a wide range of formats and documents in a variety of subject areas, such as:
Specialist translations Banking & Finance
- Market and product information
- Stock market news
- White papers
- Technical manuals for financial applications
Specialist translations for marketing and communications
- General business communication
- Press releases
- Company brochures
- Market information
- Operating instructions
- Product catalogues
- Work instructions
- Technical reports
- Graphical user interfaces
Specialist legal translations
- Privacy statements
- Powers of attorney
- Commercial register extracts
- Expert opinions
- Seminar documents
- General terms and conditions
- Court cases and judgements
- Witness statements
- Arbitration proceedings
- Litigation procedures
- Proofs of authenticity
- Diplomatic/consular documents
- Compliance texts
Specialist medical translations
- Clinical findings
- Laboratory reports
- Expert consensus reports
We have also been providing certified (sworn) English-French and French-English translations for individuals and organisations for many years. Our sworn translation service also includes an apostille upon request.
Quality assurance and translation technology
We process all translation assignments and projects in accordance with the recognised industry standards for translation services (ISO 17100:2015 for translation services). For short-lived content, such as content produced for internal use only, simplified editing processes may be applied in consultation with you.
We use bespoke translation and terminology software (including machine translation tools) to manage your language data and ensure consistency of content. This enables us to handle a wide range of document formats.
If required, we can put together a team of translators specifically for your project. Our specialist translators and proofreaders are also continually evaluated to ensure the quality of all projects and to optimise processes.
Fast turnaround times and excellent value for money are guaranteed.
Other language services for the target languages French and English
Our translation agency also offers other language services in the language combinations English-French and French-English.
Proofreading and (copy)editing
- Our professional team proofreads, edits and copyedits your texts written in English or French, as well as texts translated into these languages.
Copywriting and transcreation
- According to your specifications, our native-speaking copywriters will create a completely new text for you in English or French that will effectively reach your target audience.
- If required, we can also provide other copywriting services in these languages, such as transcreation and SEO translations.
- Simultaneous interpreting English-French/ French-English for conferences and events with many participants
- Liaison interpreting English-French/ French-English for meetings and negotiations with a small number of participants
- Court interpreting English-French/ French-English for negotiations in the legal field (courts, authorities)
- Intercultural interpreting English-French/ French-English for meetings and negotiations in the health care, social and education sector
Satisfied customers - Proven expertise
Renowned clients at home and abroad have relied on our expertise for many years to translate long and complex texts and content from French into English and from English into French.
We have long-standing relationships with:
- a Zurich-based financial institution of systemic importance to the Swiss financial centre,
- a leading Swiss transaction bank,
- a major pension fund service provider,
- a telecommunications provider,
- a well-established architectural firm with offices in Switzerland, Germany and Austria,
- a Swiss institution in the field of research funding,
- an international organisation in the field of environment and biodiversity,
- a non-profit organisation active throughout Switzerland,
- law firms and notaries’ offices,
- numerous offices of the cantonal and federal administration.